The Center has finalized its 2020-2024 Strategic Plan.
As promised in a February blog post, the Minnesota Homeownership Center has finalized its 2020-2024 Strategic Plan. This plan is the culmination of more than a year of work with the Center’s Board of Directors, Program Advisory Committee, staff and many others. Entitled Go Bold – Go Home, the plan lays out a clear vision for our future:
- We will facilitate equitable access to successful and sustainable homeownership for those who are being left behind.
- We will intensify our work in homeownership services while propelling bold and innovative solutions.
- We will deliver results that will contribute to closing the racial homeownership gap in our state.
Specifically, between 2020-2024 we will work together with you and others to:
- Increase the number of consumers we counsel and educate each year by at least 20 percent
- Facilitate the development and implementation of real world, people-centered models of service delivery across all cultures
- Fund a variety of breakthrough ideas that transform our sector
- Positively impact the financial lives of more than 90,000 households over the next five years
The plan also is designed to enable us to be nimble in responding to external changes, such as the current economic crisis brought about by measures to contain the spread of COVID-19. In fact, earlier this month the Center launched a major initiative to expand its default prevention services capacity to meet an expected increase in homeowner households experiencing severe financial difficulty over the next twelve or more months. This initiative includes capacity expansion as well as a major publicity campaign ramping up over the summer. The awareness campaign’s landing page on our website is available here.
The full 2020-2024 Strategic Plan can be accessed here in PDF format. We look forward to continuing to collaborate together and thank you for your interest in our work!