Minnesota Homeownership Center
Collection of Visitor Information on this Site
All content, software, and technology included on this Site or used in the operation of this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, icons, diagrams, documents, audio and/or visual clips, is the owned or licensed property of The Center or its content, software, and technology suppliers, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of The Center and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The Center grants you permission to view and use content, software, and technology made available to you on the Site in connection with your own personal, noncommercial use of the Site in accordance with the guidelines, instructions, and limitations described on the Site.
The trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and ‘look and feel’ (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of The Center and others. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on this Site, without the prior written permission of the Trademark owner. Other product and company names mentioned in this Site may be the Trademarks of their respective owners.
Other Intellectual Property
All other intellectual property rights related to the content, software, and technology included on this Site or used in the operation of this Site, including without limitation, patents, trade secrets, trade dress, publicity rights, character rights, titles, and artistic and moral rights are the owned or licensed property of The Center. Any use of these rights without the prior written permission of The Center is strictly prohibited.
Information on this Site may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions in relation to services, descriptions, information, and other matters. The Center reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to discontinue, change or update information at any time without prior notice.
Links to Other Web Sites
Third Party Content
This Site may contain or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of The Center. The Center does not review this content and is not responsible for it. Your interactions with persons or organizations found on or through your use of this Site are solely between you and such persons or organizations. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline dealings with any of these third parties. The Center disclaims any liability with respect to such content and dealings, and you release The Center from any liability related to such content and dealings. If there is a dispute between you and any third party relating to such content or dealings, or otherwise, you agree that The Center is under no obligation to become involved.
Disclaimer of Warranties
This Site and all content, materials and services provided through the Site are for educational and informational use only. Nothing contained in this Site is or should be considered, or used as a substitute for, legal advice. We advise users of this Site to seek the advice of a qualified attorney with questions relating to your particular situation.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall either The Center or its affiliates or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site, whether based on contract, tort, warranty, strict liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of any such damages.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
Under no circumstances whatsoever shall The Center’s aggregate liability resulting from or relating to your use of this Site exceed Five Dollars ($5.00).
Prohibited Activities and Visitor Obligations
As a visitor or user of this Site you shall not:
- violate any applicable law or regulation;
- upload, post, use, or otherwise make available (each, a ‘Post’), including by e-mail, any content or information that is false or inaccurate;
- Post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or content that could otherwise be considered to be objectionable;
- impersonate or use the identity of another person or organization, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or organization;
- engage in any activities or manipulate identifying material to misrepresent the origin of content;
- Post any content that is subject to any disclosure restrictions;
- Post any materials, items, information or content that infringes or otherwise violates any patent, copyright, trademark, or any other intellectual property rights;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- use the Site to disseminate any information or content, including by e-mail, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or information or content that could otherwise be considered to be objectionable;
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other corrupt computer code, files or programs that impair the use of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or otherwise limit the use of this Site by other users; or collect, compile, or store personal information about other users of this Site;
- disrupt or interfere with the operation of this Site by overloading or exceeding the capacity of this Site or the systems resources; accounts; usernames and passwords; servers; or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or any affiliated or linked sites;
- disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, this Site or the systems resources; accounts; usernames and passwords; servers; or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or any affiliated or linked sites
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to ‘screen scrape, monitor, ‘mine,’ or copy the web pages on the Site or the content contained therein without The Center’s prior, express, and written permission; or
- use this Site for commercial purposes.
Any and all questions, comments, suggestions, and similar materials or information that you send or submit to The Center or a third party provider on this Site, by a Post or otherwise (collectively, “Submissions”), shall become The Centers property; and you hereby transfer, sell, and assign to The Center all of your right, title, and interest in and to any such Submissions, including without limitation, any and all related patent, copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights. The Center has no obligation of any kind whatsoever to maintain any confidentiality with respect to any such Submissions. The Center shall be free to use them for any purpose whatsoever without providing you notice or receiving your consent, and without restriction or compensation.
Continued Operation, Accessibility, and Maintenance of this Site
The Center may modify, change, suspend, terminate or discontinue the operation of this Site or the provision of any services without notice and The Center reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time, with or without cause.
If you are a registered user of this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. The Center reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to refuse or restrict access or service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content.
You are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.